AMD expects Barcelona to be 40% faster than Clovertown - עמוד 8 - מעבדים, לוחות-אם וזכרונות - HWzone פורומים
עבור לתוכן
  • צור חשבון

AMD expects Barcelona to be 40% faster than Clovertown

lmlm

רנדי אלן, האיש שאמר שברצלונה תהיה מהירה ב40% מקלוברטוון מאשר שברצלונה תגיע בין אפריל ליוני. (אל תשכחו זה עדיין לא לשוק הביתי)

* AMD will begin shopping the Barcelona chip around to customers in the April-June time frame (so, in about three months).

* Allen thinks Barcelona's advances in virtualization and power management (and other technologies) are so significant that to compete, Intel will have to significantly change its front side bus or micro-architecture no simple task.

* AMD decided two years ago to pursue the current Barcelona strategy, even though it would take six months longer than other options and Intel would almost surely come to market with a quad-core product first. (Intel did, with Clovertown.) AMD believes its quad-core Barcelona design is far more efficient, and that customers will notice.

* AMD is hopeful that customers are holding off on purchasing Intel's quad-core product, released in November, based on the fact that Intel didn't say much about it in its most recent earnings call. Yesterday, however, CNET quoted a Mercury Research analyst saying Intel's Clovertown chip is already contributing a meaningful amount of business to Intel.

* Allen said Q4 2007 will be when the first real impact of Barcelona comes through in AMD's financial statements. I noted that if the chip does well, it will provide very flattering comparable sales figures to the Q4 results AMD announced this week, which were short of Wall Street's expectations.

* Barcelona will have healthy margins, Allen predicted AMD seems confident that because it will provide such a performance advantage over Intel, price competition won't be as intense.

* While he doesn't expect customer uptake to be as quick as the shift from single- to dual-core, Allen said because AMD has made it easy for customers to drop the quad-core solution into their existing equipment, customer acceptance will be rapid and broad-based.

* Allen downplayed the significance of Intel's partnership announcement with Sun Microsystems (SUNW) on Monday. Though he admitted that AMD liked being Sun's exclusive provider of x86 chips, he said it seemed to him that the partnership was more about getting Intel to back Solaris than it was about selling a whole lot of servers. He also said this doesn't mean AMD won't still see Sun as a great customer.

http://blogs.business2.com/utilitybelt/2007/01/amds_brimming_w.html

ואורי אני מציע לך לקרוא את התגובה של gOJDO

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1974658&postcount=135

אל תתעלם.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

• תגובות 178
  • נוצר
  • תגובה אחרונה

ואורי אני מציע לך לקרוא את התגובה של gOJDO

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1974658&postcount=135

אל תתעלם.

לא הבנתי כלום מהתגובה שלו, אבל אהבתי את הפוסט של LOE מקצועי ולעניין. לפחות חושב כמוני.

So if even K8L features only 3 compex decoders, which is something that is to be seen, it will still be superior to C2D when it comes to multithreading

3 complex decoders x 2 = 6

1 complex x2 and 3 simple = 5

conroe is build to perform well today, with mostly single threaded 32 bit apps

micro ops is not working in 64bit mode, you know that, and that is like 10% of conroe performance

I really doubd K8L will have 1mb L2 cache, the performance gain won't be very much, ofcoruse the L3 cache will offer even less performance gain, but will apply to all 4 cores, so you could easily multiply the L3 effect by 4

This might not be very important for word and excell users, but K8L is a server design and have really serious intentions when it comes to server market.

Having in mind arch is 20% better in desktop and 0% better in server apps clock for clock, I would say K8L will wipe the floor with anything can offer even in late 2008.

Desktop however is a different story, today it may seem K8L will be having hard times agains offerings might be true for todays apps, but you forget some major faktor:

Vista is out - that means a true 64bit OS for the masses, some of the serious apps are already supporting 64bit processing, the others will come soon after .

K8L is future proof, conroe is built for today, by the time K8L is out we will enjoy nex gen apps - multi threaded and 64bit. If really intend to release a dumb shrink I think this time next year they might have worries when it comes to desktops, and be where they ware with based xeons against K8 (40% behind in perforormance)

>מה שמודגש באדום אלו דברים שכל הזמן אמרתי לכם, אז תתחילו להתייחס לדברים שלי ברצינות. :nono:

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

uri, החישוב הנכון אצל אינטל :

1 complex x4 and 3 simple = 7

99% מהיישומים שמריצים היום הם 32 ביט.

מייקרוסופט הודתה ש-vista 64 תסבול מבעיות רבות, בעיקר בזמינות בדרייברים בשנה הקרובה, ועדיין רוב הויסטה שיימכרו יהיו 32 ביט.

מקרו-פיוז'ן זה עוד פיצ'ר אחד מבין עשרות פיצ'רים שעובדים בקור-2-דואו גם ב-64 ביט. גם ל- יש התפשרויות ב-64 ביט.

הקור-2-דואו עדיין יותר מהיר מהאת'לון 64 ביישומי 64 ביט בערך ב- 15% קלוק פר קלוק, והם זולים יותר (קלוק פר קלוק).

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

uri, החישוב הנכון אצל אינטל :

1 complex x4 and 3 simple = 7

99% מהיישומים שמריצים היום הם 32 ביט.

מייקרוסופט הודתה ש-vista 64 תסבול מבעיות רבות, בעיקר בזמינות בדרייברים בשנה הקרובה, ועדיין רוב הויסטה שיימכרו יהיו 32 ביט.

מקרו-פיוז'ן זה עוד פיצ'ר אחד מבין עשרות פיצ'רים שעובדים בקור-2-דואו גם ב-64 ביט. גם ל- יש התפשרויות ב-64 ביט.

הקור-2-דואו עדיין יותר מהיר מהאת'לון 64 ביישומי 64 ביט בערך ב- 15% קלוק פר קלוק, והם זולים יותר (קלוק פר קלוק).

אל מה אתה מדבר? אני כרגע כותב לך מויסטה X64 בעיות? היו בהתחלה עם הדרייברים שלהכרטיס מסך, עכשיו זה כבר בסדר.

היום כבר כל התוכנות כמו.. 3D MAX, MAYA, C4D, XSI כולם כבר תומכות 64 ביט.

הדיון כרגע K8Lvs C2D.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

אם כבר, אז Yorkfield vs K8L.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36938

אתה יודע מה שהיה התערבות :xyxthumbs:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=5659305

The new 64-bit version of Autodesk 3ds Max 9 takes advantage of the latest technology advancements, to address challenges you face in next-generation production pipelines.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=7635643

Maya 8.5 gives you more platform options. Maya is the only full-function 3D animation software to run on 32-bit Windows®, Linux®, and Mac OS® X and 64-bit Windows and Linux. As of Maya 8.5, Intel®-based Macintosh® computer support is provided as a Universal binary so you can use 32-bit Maya software on either the PowerPC- or -based

Macintosh computers.

חבר אין מה לעשות העתיד הוא 64 ביט

עריכה:

הבט מה קורה למשחק HL2 בויסטה 64 ביט, עוד כמה פריימים לא יזיק :xyxthumbs:

[attachment deleted by admin]

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

עם יד על הלב

כמה אנשים מעניין בדיוק 3Ds Max או Maya?

אחוז מאוד זניח, שרובם בכלל עובדים עם מערכות מקצועיות ולא קומבינות של מעבד ביתי

תתפלא ליאור אבל אני מכיר המון חובבנים ב-3D שישמחו לאמץ 64 ביט.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

ברגעים אלו ממש אני בדרכי לסיום HL2 בפעם השישית (פשוט לא נמאס, משחק מדהים!) ואני מריץ ויסטה 32 והמשחק מקרטע לפעמים שבא לי לבכות...

באם יש לך ספקות אתה יכול לבדוק את המפרט שלי אורי.

ניסיתי גם ויסטה 64 ואני עצוב לבשר לך שאם ברשותך מכונה מודרנית אז התוצאה מאכזבת בגלל תמיכת דרייברים שכמעט לא קיימת (ובגלל זה אולצתי לחזור ל32).

העתיד של 64ביט מובטח אבל שוק הMAINSTREAM עדיין לא ערוך לו כלל!

והנה תוספת נחמדה בשבילך URIB (אגב, שים לב שאני משתמש בAMD בשני מחשבים מתוך שלושה בביתי, אני לא FANBOY של אף אחד!)

HL2 בגרסת 64VS32

Admittedly, this was by no means an intensive test. But these quick run-throughs can give a good idea of whether 64-Bit is anything to really get excited about yet. Sadly, I was expecting better performance in 64-Bit but was left dissapointed. I would rather play the 32-Bit version where I saw better FPS than have slightly faster load times. As mentioned in the previous section, I am looking quite forward to checking out what other people are benchmarking both of these versions at. I do not own an FX processor, but that's the CPU they are pushing in their Press Release, so is it expected that the FX may be the only CPU where a performance increase will be seen?

If you are a gamer wanting the best experience, I would hold off from downloading the 64-Bit version unless x64 is your only OS. Not only does the 64-Bit version hold back FPS, at least in my case, it's quite buggy at this point. For all I know, some of the bugs may be responsible for holding back the FPS... I guess we will know soon enough when they fix up the bugs

http://techgage.com/article/half-life_2_64-bit_-_reason_to_get_excited/2

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

^^^^

ת'שמע מאז שעברתי לויסטה X64 משחקים שעשו לי לאגים ב- במפורש הפסיקו לי הלאגים!

אני מודע שיש פה ושם בעיות תאימות, כמו לדוגמה מצלמות רשת, משחקים ב-OPGL לא עובדים ממש טוב עדיין (על כרטיסי ATI עדיין לא בדקתי).

אבל בכללי המערכת פי כמה טובה יותר מ-, אהבתי במיוחד את ה-ReadyBoost וגם את ה-Rollback מאוד יעיל.

תראה אני לא מתרשם מהלינק שלך, כי מאז שויסטה יצאה רק מחפשים איך לרדת על MS$ ואני רואה את זה בהמון אתרים, אפילו ב-Ynet תמצא בלי סוף כתבות רעות על ויסטה.

>דרך אגב, HL2 רץ לי נהדר על ויסטה 64X בהרבה יותר טוב מ-, תבדוק עם המוד 64 מופעל לך במשחק.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

אני חזרתי לויסטה 32. המשחק מקרטע לי שם גם.

לא יאומן ש4 יום לפני ההשקה הדרייברים לX-FI עדיין בבטא ועדיין מקרטעים בצורה נוראית (ברור לי על ענין המעבר לOPENAI וירידה מהEAX ), מה גם שעדיין אין ב100.30 ... וכל זה במערכת שנמצאת בפיתוח שנים!

אני אוהב את אבל באמת שציפיתי למוכנות אחרי כ"כ הרבה זמן!

אגב, אין לי מושג על איזה חומרה אתה מריץ HL2 אז אי אפשר להשוות.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

ארכיון

דיון זה הועבר לארכיון ולא ניתן להוסיף בו תגובות חדשות.

• צור חדש...