S939 qeustions - מעבדים, לוחות-אם וזכרונות - HWzone פורומים
עבור לתוכן
  • צור חשבון

S939 qeustions

B.D.B

[ltr]well the AXP 1800+ is getting old and being HL2 is around the corner I figger it's upgrade time again. I was thinking about getting an S939 A64 3000+ (190$ @ newegg), considerring the 754 socket is almost dead. looked around and there isn't many s939 mobos. anyways, I need a recommendation for one with an AGP and a PCI E slot. or for an PCI-E to AGP adapter. I assume that all 64 (s754,s939,s940) uses the same type of heatsink, because I also need a heatsink since it comes as OEM. fancy, but better than stock, and most important in the 100-150nis range.

thanks in advance. and please reply, because I've noticed people just don't reply to my threads.[/ltr]

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

[ltr]the cpu is a major bottleneck it's an AXP 1800+ (@1.73Ghz) palomino on a crapy KT333 based mobo.

the only good thing I can say about the CPU is that it's been working on 1.85V for almost half a year and it still doens't want to die.

if the low end 64 s939 won't get here soon I might have to go for a nice AXP mobile with an OCer board to hold me off for another year or so.[/ltr]

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

the only good thing I can say about the CPU is that it's been working on 1.85V for almost half a year and it still doens't want to die.

Well, if you really want to kill it, I don't think 1.85V is the best way.. try a sledgehammer. :yelclap:

anyway, I have the same problem.. I'm buying a new , and can't decide if i'm going for the 754 socket now or waiting for the cheap 939 ones...

i guess the only question is: are you willing to wait?

if so, you can get yourself a pure gaming monster..

if gaming isn't your thing anyway, and if you'd rather not wait, i cant see why insist for a 939 socket if you're not going to use the pci-e anyway...

just a thought.

Nadav.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

ארכיון

דיון זה הועבר לארכיון ולא ניתן להוסיף בו תגובות חדשות.

• צור חדש...