semi noob faq;P - לינוקס, Mac ומערכות הפעלה אחרות - HWzone פורומים
עבור לתוכן
  • צור חשבון

semi noob faq;P

Electric Boom

מזמן לא התרקבתי ללינוקס,האמת שהניסיון\שימוש שלי בלינוקס היה אך ורק לכתיבת סקריפטים(קורס שני במבוא ב' אל"צ שנה א'),והפעם היחידה שהשתמשתי בה ב"שעות הפנאי" הייתה,לכתיבת floater...והגרסא היחידה שהייתה לי היא rh 9.0 (פוי)...

טוב הזמן לקצת שאלות:

1)אני בדרך לסיום הורדת mandrake 10.0מה אתם אומרים עליה?...אני לא מעודכן בשלל הגירסאות...

2)פעם אחרונה שהתקנתי התקנתי איזו תכנה שיוצרת מחיצות,יצרתי מחיצה (דרך הווינ)והתקנתי...הדבר גרם לתקיעות רבות בווינ(חסר שאני ישמע כאן מישהו מזלזל בו),ועבודה איטית(אני משער שזה מה שגרם לכך),איך הייתם ממליצים להתקין?...

3)פעם אחרונה שהתקנתי לא היה לי ,אני מחובר לאינטרנט זהב בכבלים מודם terayon tj 715x שעבר מוד(לא מוד מתח כן...)ומחובר בכרטיס רשת(מובנה) ללא חייגן(מחובר כל הזמן),האם תיהייה לי בעייה להתקין בגרסא שמוזכרת ב1(אכן שם מעצבן)???

4)כל מה שחשוב לי שהפעם זאת תיהייה גרסא יותר חינמית(אמרתי כבר Noob?),בעלת יותר תמיכה בחומרה "חדשה",שתפתח בפניי הרבה יותר אפשרויות ושתגרום לי לאהוב ת'פינג|ווינ|ים (אירוניה?...)הפעם.

תודה,

אייל

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

Hi there, welcome back home (linux that is

:P)

I haven't installed hebrew support on my Ubuntu Linux yet so I'll try to answer your questions, in English.

1) The current version of Mandrake is 10.1 "Community" - it's kinda like a Preview Release of the "Official" version - a few small bugs but stable and usable (Official version will be out in a week or two I believe).

2) The only problem I know of conflicts after installing Linux is that the installer changes the CHS (Cylinders/Heads/Sectors) value of the HD (it was a common problem with Fedora 2, for example), but I believe that this problem is already gone from 99.9% of the distrobutions. But even if it does happen, it can be solved without loss of data. About the problem you stated, that Windows is slowing down after installing - sounds wierd to me...

How do I recommend installing? Very simple: first install Windows, and then , there should be no problem.

3) I didn't work with such a modem, but from what you wrote it will probably work without any problems (I guess all you need is access to the eth0 device from linux, no scripts or something like that). I personally got a Motorola SB5100 cable modem and I'm using a script to dial to Zahav, and it works perfectly :)

4) There is nothing more free than ;D All current distros support the latest hardware, including AMD64 if you got one 8)

About Mandrake itself - as you probably know it's one of the most user-friendly (aka newbie friendly) distrobutions out there, with almost everything "out-of-the-box" and you need minimal knowledge of linux to operate it.

If you wondered what's this linux thingie I'm using - it is actually Debian with an emphasis on GNOME, it is also more updated and more userfriendly (more out-of-the-box style than Debian). The current version is 4.1 Preview Release (final ver. in a month).

Good luck, Michael :)

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

ארכיון

דיון זה הועבר לארכיון ולא ניתן להוסיף בו תגובות חדשות.

• צור חדש...