Installing emu10k1 driver under slackware - לינוקס, Mac ומערכות הפעלה אחרות - HWzone פורומים
עבור לתוכן
  • צור חשבון

Installing emu10k1 driver under slackware

Nemesis

Hi,

I have installed a fresh copy of slackware 8.1, and I would like to install the emu10k1 driver for my sound card (SBLive! Value).

I downloaded the driver from Sourceforge

And followed the instructions, however I ran into several problems:

First, I have no /etc/modules.conf file, where I was asked to add the line alias sound emu10k1, so I tried adding the line to /etc/rc.d/rc.M where according to the slackware "book" I should add commands to load modules, however it did not work.

So I figured maybe my kernel was not configured to support modules, so I setup the configuration files using menuconfig, and followed the slackware book step by step trying to compile the kernel. I compiled the kernel, installed it, happily booted, and poof, it wont load. Some strange error (not kernel panic, it wouldnt even start loading). So I got angry, I reinstalled slack, and now I am begging you people for help :) I have a default install, using the kernel of usb.i and the only thing I've done to the install is to install drivers.

Could someone please guide me step by step as to what to do? Thanks.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

see, i don't really know the answer, but here is two very important things. Read The Fine Manual!!!

second, don't, ever, add a line or change a line in a file which is not said to do so, ever. ti rc.d is the boot loading apps, and the moduls it's the hardware confs.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

ארכיון

דיון זה הועבר לארכיון ולא ניתן להוסיף בו תגובות חדשות.

• צור חדש...