Asus A8N SLI + A64 3000+ Overclocking - אוברקלוקינג וקירור - HWzone פורומים
עבור לתוכן
  • צור חשבון

Asus A8N SLI + A64 3000+ Overclocking

Armageddon

Got my new system assembled last week and I couldn't help but start overclocking right away.

Asus A8N SLI

A64 3000+ 939

Albatron 6600GT (Not overclocked yet)

ADATA PC4000 256x2

Goal was to find apart the highest CPU speed (with and withouth adding voltage) and the highest FSB and then combine them in the best way that complements the memory aswell. Currently the memory is holding me back from running a higher FSB 1:1 (not to mention the timings are horrible). I'm hoping to bring some G.skill PC4400 TCCD from the US soon.

The maximum FSB the motherboard did stabely was 295 which is quite good, especially after all of the rumors that the A8N series is bad for overclocking.

The CPU does 2500 mhz on default voltage, rock solid after 8 hours of Prime 95 and 9 hours of World of Warcraft.

With overvolting to 1.650v (maximum the board can give) I can reach 2600 mhz but that comes with an increase of about 12 degrees and I'm currently still using the stock cooler.

The temperatures according to the monitoring program are 36c idle and about 47c load @ 2500 mhz.

Benchmark results:

3Dmark 2005: 3490

3Dmark 2003: 8293

To conclude, a pic:

[attachment deleted by admin - 90 dayss]

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

The size certainly has an imapct, I tested 512x2 compared to 256x2 (old memory review) and 512x2 was always 1 second faster.

Yea, it's 2T, I haven't even began tweaking the timings yet, that's just a headache. I'm not sure I'll even bother since I don't intend to stay with this mem much longer.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

לא רע, עדיין לא גילית את הפוטנציאל האמיתי שטמון במעבדי ה-3000+ wini...

עם איכותיים אני מאמין שהיית יכול להגיע ל-300 באס, מה גם שאתה עומד על 2T זה הרבה פחות איכותי מבחינת תוצאת ה-FSB...

נפלת על מעבד לא רע שסוגר 2500 על מתח מקורי - זה אומר שיש לך עוד לאן לשאוף...

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

I unsynced the mem and moved to 1T, 2.5-3-3-10 1T now, better performance than synced with crappy timings.

I can't move further than 2500 without adding voltage and I'd rather wait with that till I get some better cooling.

I'll test if the board can reach a higher FSB if I cancel PEG thingie, thanks for the tip.

Once I get rid of these and get those TCCD I excpect much better results.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

ארכיון

דיון זה הועבר לארכיון ולא ניתן להוסיף בו תגובות חדשות.

• צור חדש...