הסבה מ-windows7 ל-windows10 - תוכנה - HWzone פורומים
עבור לתוכן
  • צור חשבון

הסבה מ-windows7 ל-windows10

mum57

Hello, In the company I work for,we want to convert the software from the 7 operating system to 10 (the software was written in 2002). The client side is developed in VB6 and the server side in c ++. The first option is to switch to the VisualStudio2019 environment and the client will be developed in VB.net and the server will remain in c ++ (I would also love to hear a bit about communication between them from people with experience as it is now 2 different environments). Second option to switch to JAVA on both sides. Regarding the first option, I tested a bit in the market about a course at VB.NET and saw that the language is not so much sought after and as a programmer I might prefer to move the project to a slightly more advanced environment with respect to the market,  The database we are currently working on is object oriented and belongs to POET (also very old). I would love to recommend a more advanced object-oriented DATA BASE. Thank you very much.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

It's hard to make good recommendations without knowing more about the function and requirements but I will try nonetheless:

- Software running on 7 should also run on 10 with minimal changes if any. Consider carefully if there really are good business incentives for this migration. This is not actually a migration, this is a full rewrite the whole software from scratch and I promise you it will take much more time and resources then you expect.

- Consider doing this in stages, first refactor the client - server communication into a modern format. Then rewrite the client side and then deal with the server later if you still need to.

-  Java on the server side is used in big corporations but it is on the decline. It's not very well suited for fast modern agile development practices and not many new projects choose to use java these days.

- Java on the client side is DEAD, don't even consider it

- As for client side the first option these days has to be a web client. If you must write desktop software you should probably stick with the default dotnet and C# although there are other options out there especially if you ever want to go multiplatform and support more then just .

- Client server communication these days is either Rest API or if you want to be on the cutting edge GraphQL, all modern environments should be able to intercommunicate using these without any problems.

- While NoSql databases have become quite popular, Object databases haven't really caught on and it will be difficult to find developers who have experience with those and tooling would be also limited. Consider something more common with a decent ORM on top.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

ארכיון

דיון זה הועבר לארכיון ולא ניתן להוסיף בו תגובות חדשות.

• צור חדש...