מגניב! (אלומינום שקוף) - כללי - HWzone פורומים
עבור לתוכן
  • צור חשבון

מגניב! (אלומינום שקוף)

Ewingum

http://www.sci-fighter.com/news/newsfeb02/feb21aluminium.php3

I'm noticing a trend...I have to go to european sites to find out about American weapon tech. Ok, so this was a german invention, but STILL....

It would appear that the Star Trek dream of transparent "allow-min'nium" (this is from a european site) is now a reality. It's not clear as crystal, but it's here.

From Spiegal Online after being mangled by Bablefish:

Of America weapon technician show interest in a tank page frame from Dresden. In the there institute for Fraunhofer for ceramic technologies succeeded in baking fine-grained alumina in such a way with 1200 degrees Celsius in the furnace that an extremely hard, transparent material develops.

A 10 times 10 centimeters large disk (strength: only about 400 gram weigh, are however three times harder 1.0 cm as hardened steel. With firing tests under contract of the German Federal Armed Forces from the Bundeswehr in Koblenz " outstanding results " were obtained, report the researcher Andreas Krell.

Also in the US state Idaho were examined the tiles: The pentagon is fascinated of the transparency of the material, with which firingfixed of visors or large of armored reconnaissance vehicles can be built.

Ok, now to translate the translation:

A ceramic research lab in Dresden, Germany, has developed transparent aluminium by subjecting fine-grained (I'm guessing extremely fine-grained) aluminum to a whopping 1200 degrees Celsius ...the result of which is amzingly light but three times tougher than hardened steel of the same thickness (mileage may vary at different measurements, the article didn't say), and see-through.

Needless to say, the Pentagon is quite interested.

Frame a page of tanks on our Messageboards

- Michael Finn (AKA Coyote)

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

ארכיון

דיון זה הועבר לארכיון ולא ניתן להוסיף בו תגובות חדשות.

• צור חדש...