P4 2.4B a disappointing overclocker - אוברקלוקינג וקירור - HWzone פורומים
עבור לתוכן
  • צור חשבון

P4 2.4B a disappointing overclocker

Armageddon

I have recently bought a P4 2.4B and i am running it on a Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra 2 board with Corsair 512 mb PC3200C2 memory.

When i try to overclock the furthest i get is 2.86 ghz so far (158 FSB) with DDR doing 395 (2.5x158) mhz, PCI bus locked to 33 and AGP bus locked to 66 the CPU is also over volted to 1.575.

This configuration is stable through 5 hours of 100 % load via cpu stability tester and 10 loops (i stopped the test after 10 loops), the 3d card currently installed is an GF2 GTS 32mb since my Ti4600 is temporarily dead.

There is a Vibra 128 and a Genius Realtek chip based 10/100 mbit lan card install on the PCI aswell.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea how to push the system further towards the 3 ghz area, any tweaks or suggestions etc will be very welcome.

Thanks in advance, Armageddon.

I apologise if the title is phrased badly, i couldnt think of a better phrasing.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

I

Foolish me,I forgot to mention temperatures, the cpu is at around 30-32 degrees celsius at idle and 45 degrees maximum in full load with the stock cooler, i hardly reckon thats the problem.

As for Anti_Virus's remark, the other option i have is running the memory at FSB x 2 instead of FSB x 2.5 which will resolt 158x2 which is 316, thus decreasing the memory bandwidth greatly, i am able to get it to work at 2.95 ghz with FSB x 2 (164x2) but the benching result are actually lower in that configuration than in the current one, i could try to further over voltage, though isnt 1.575 quite high already?

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

אני משתמש באותו המעבד והצלחתי להגיע לFSB של 160 MHZ עם +5% מתח, ונשארתי שם (לא היה לי כוח להמשיך עם בדיקות היציבות). כמובן שהקירור הוא המקורי. אגב סתם שאלה אם כבר מדברים על בדיקות יציבות, אני בדקתי עם 3D MARK בלופ, אבל איך בודקים עם סנדרה?

בכל מקרה, אני מאמין שעם הוספת מתח, והעלאת המחלק של הזכרונות (כך שבעזרת המהירות שלהם תגיע/תעבור במקצת/בפחות מעם מחלק יותר גבוה את המהירות המקורית, והם לא יגבילו אותך.)

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

The memory divider is already at its highest option of x2.5 resulting in 158x2.5 = 395 mhz for ram and the voltage is at +0.5.

I'll try tonight to see how it goes with stability tests at 160 FSB and report tomorrow...

And I did not test anything with Sandra, I used loop and a Cpu stability tester that runs massive load on the cpu for a long period of time thus seeing if its stable.

P.S: a friend of mine got a 2.4B to 3.2 ghz on an IT7 MAX2 , i was kinda hoping to get atleast to 166 FSB, hence the disappointment.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

ארכיון

דיון זה הועבר לארכיון ולא ניתן להוסיף בו תגובות חדשות.

• צור חדש...