modding question: how loud are 80mm fans - אוברקלוקינג וקירור - HWzone פורומים
עבור לתוכן
  • צור חשבון

modding question: how loud are 80mm fans

B.D.B

ok first of all, by the time you'll finish reading this post you'll be sure I'm fucking insane, so I'd like to mention I'm not.

it all began after being annoyed my Athlon XP 1800+ hits 63oC on full load and 57oC on idel, which is not alot comper to the temperture that dude that put his XP 1700+ into his old VCR (it was 97oC), but still I'm not happy with it. now all the Intel fans will come and say suck and so on and so on... , which is why I would also like to stat that the one to blame for it is not nor the HSF, though it's the evercool default. the blame for it is the case, which is one of those where the "sits on" the CPU and the fact there's only one fan in the whole case, which is a 80mm intake in the front (it was enough for the original P3 667 that was in the case). and to make a very long story a bit shorter a new case is too expansive so I thought about doing a comprehensive mod for the case and I don't mean an artistic mod. this is the setup.

**all fans are generic**

(I want to make this mod cheaper than a case, not more expansive than a supercomputer)

2 80mm in the front - intake (one old the other one new)

2 40mm (or 1 60mm) in the lower back - intake

1 80mm in the side door - intake (aim: VGA and northbridge)

2 40mm (or 1 60mm) in the upper back - outtake

1 80mm above the CPU and SPU - outtake (they are side by side =\)

this one is a special one:

1 80mm inside the case, connected to 5.25' drives cage (aim: ram and extra cooling for the cpu HS and also , which will be maxed out, since it's only a max 300W one)

and before I'll lose my point here it is:

amm... I think i lost it after all...

ho yea

I know this will be loud, my qeustion is will it be louder than 3 to 4 times a system with default cooling?

and another thing MiniMizer already told me 40mm case fans are almost impossible to find, so I'll have to take 1 60 instead 2 40mm, if I can't find them. does anybody knows where I can get 40mm case fans (url plz)?

plz don't tell me I'm insane, I'm not, or maybe I am, I don't know anymore.

I also know it's an overkill and that it will only give up to 5oC improvment over just adding the side door fan and the one on the top.

btw, I am an OCer, so it's not complety useless.

and yes I will post it in HWzone when (and if) it's done.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

I bought my 40, 60 and 80 mm fans from a store in beer sheva. The most powerfull fan I could find was a Sunon tha moves 9.5 CFM. If you are very lucky, you may find a Delta, but the noise it will make will be awfull. Therefore, I recommend you to buy a 60 mm fan, which will move more air from 2 40 mm fans for the same noise level. About all the fans: when you buy them, chek which are the most quiet. and take them. Almost every fan company has a website, so you can comper the noise/air flow level of the fans.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

I guess you missed the part of me saying I don't mind about the noise much and that I want to make it as cheap as possible and that why I'm looking only for generic.

and I live near Hiafa, in Kiryat Ata to be exact.

I'm looking for 40mm fans, I prefer an online store.

and my second qeustion is: will the setup (look at the first post) will be louder than 3 times a system with default cooling?

BTW, if it wasn't obvious I do speak Hebrew, I just prefer to write in English. if you want to write in Hebrew, feel free to do so.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

I don't think you will be able to find generic fans in online stores, you should try in electronics shops.

My recommendation, is relevant to noisy fans as well - a 60 mm fan is better than two 40's. Just go to the store and pick the storngest fan you can find, with a tolerable noise level. Look in the thread "Looking for electronics shops in Tel Aviv", someone asked there about shops in Haifa too.

And no, the new cooling won't be 3 times noisier than the old one.

BTW, I write in english just because I'm board... ;)

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

There shouldn't be a problem with the 300watt fan.

But as people said before me, it'll make a LOT of noise. btw, most of the fans here would be kinda useless and won't make such a big difference.

and the whole thing might cost more then just replacing the heatsink to a good one such as the AX-7, which'll lower the CPU's temp. more then all those fans.

besides, it'll be UGLY and messed up.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

I don't mind the noise much, but in case it'll be too loud for me to bare I'll build a fan controller bay.

And even the best HSF in the market won't do much, since the heat inside the case is over 40oC.

overkill - yes

ugly - no

useless - hell no

Perhaps Ido has a point. I think you shoud consider to add some fans to the case, and buy a better HSF - Volcano 6 Cu is very cheap and will make a great difference.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

I really advise you to check your .. if its generic & crappy- you can expect problams...

true, but I have already finished it (still haven't put the one in the side door).

I had few problems with the at the beginning, it wouldn't turn the computer on with all the fans connected but when I removed the HDDs it turn it on. so I took some stuff out and then put them back in the wasn't connected to the computer nor to the socket and then (I don't know how or why) some smoke came out of the . I wanted to see if it's fryed so I connected it to the computer and then to the socket, truned it on and everything worked.

WEIRD!

this is the setup (as of now)

2x 80mm in the front (1 I already had, the second was donated by Avi Computers taken from a fried PSU)

2x 45mm in the lower back

2x 45mm in the upper back (25nis each sale price, 35nis normal price - hypertronics)

1x 120mm in top (80nis - hypertronics - thives)

pending:

80mm side door (maybe Avi got another fried PSU =])

canceled:

80mm cooling due to lack of space (when I'll replace the HSF I might use the 70mm fan for that)

Results (OC from 1800+ to 2000+):

full load 54oC (checked using DivX 5 encoding)

idel/low load 49oC

noise:

around 45dba (by hearing only)

price:

only 180nis (+30nis for camera film no digital here =[)

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

well at least I know English

INFERNO's spec:

"Pentuim 3 <- misspelled Pentium

Mgh 700 <- misspelled Mhz

256 SDRM של חברת LD <- misspelled SDRAM

GeForce 200 MX 32 Mb

Crative 128 Vibra <- misspelled Creative

שני HD אחד 8GB של WD ואחד Seagte 40 GB !! <-misspelled Seagate

צורב ריקו 16X10X32

וCDROM Epo מה שזה לא יהיה

לא יודע לוח אם עשקו אותי Partner"

[raper style] Bitch please [/raper style]

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

צר לי לאכזב אותך אבל הדקדוק והאיות שלך הוא לא משהו! :P

בטענה ש "לפחות אני יודע אנגלית" גם כאן צר לי לבשר לך שכל משתתפי (או חלקו הגדול) יודעים אנגלית, ויודעים אנגלית טוב!

כיוון שאתה נמצא בפורום ישראלי עם קהילה דוברת עברית רצוי שתכבד את הקהילה ותדבר גם כן אתה עברית... הרי עצם יסודו של אתר זה הוא לתת פתרון לכל אתרי החומרה דוברי האנגלית אשר מפוזרים להם ברשת...

*בתגובתי זו לא באתי לפגוע או להשפיל אלא כדי להבהיר ולהאיר את עמדתי, אם נפגעת קבל את התנצלותי!

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

ארכיון

דיון זה הועבר לארכיון ולא ניתן להוסיף בו תגובות חדשות.

• צור חדש...