DAC vs New Headset - אודיו וקולנוע ביתי - HWzone פורומים
עבור לתוכן
  • צור חשבון

DAC vs New Headset

HunterVee

Hi Everyone,

I need a little help deciding on an inconvenience i have with my Siberia Prism Elite.

The headset is great for its sound and all but i have an issue with its microphone.

When i wear the headset the microphone is crystal clear and reduces background noise perfectly, however, if i am using speakers and the headset rests at about 50cm from me, the microphone picks me up very lowly, a thing that annoys me considering it was quite an expensive headset.

Now back home in Israel i have had for the past good 6 or 7 years the Megalodon, which is by all means an amazing headset with a crystal clear microphone that picks me up with no issue at 50cm.

As i see it i have 2 options:

1. Buy an external DAC like Xonar U7 to try and increase the Microphone input volume, hopefully without loss in quality.

2. I am willing to pay up to 200EURO on a new headset so if anyone has suggestions they are welcome ;)

Any experiences for option 1 or suggestion for option 2?

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

"The left earcup of the Siberia Elite Prism houses a completely new and improved microphone. This directional microphone is retractable and picks up your voice with incredible clarity."

http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/Articles/What-is-a-directional-microphone

בקיצור, המיקרופון של הheadset שלך עושה את תפקידו נאמנה ולכן אתה לא יכול להשתמש בו כמו שניצלת את הunideirectional מיק' שהיה לך ברייזר.

פשוט תקנה עוד מיק'.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

Thanks for the comment.

I figured that much would be the issue (or just inconvenience).

Getting a separate microphone is least then ideal because of the way i have it setup.

Basically i play from my bed while my monitor and computer are across the room with the monitor being on an articulated wall mount.

The headset however runs with a long extension cord all the way to the dresser next to the head of my bed.

I have no desire in getting another cord across the room like that.

Can you recommend a headset on par with the Siberia Prism Elite as far as sound/build quality goes with a unidirectional microphone?

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

ארכיון

דיון זה הועבר לארכיון ולא ניתן להוסיף בו תגובות חדשות.

• צור חדש...