המשך לTweaking בתוכנה 3DMark - תוכנה - HWzone פורומים
עבור לתוכן
  • צור חשבון

המשך לTweaking בתוכנה 3DMark

ThE_BesT

מפאת חוסר מקום בהודעה אחת אצטרך לנצל את הודעה זאת להמשך, שילחו לי על זה :-)

By ARC1450

I've tested the SE version of 3DM2K1 using XP and here are some info(new or not i dont know because i dont have the time to search all the posts ):

SE gave about 150 points more(Card not o/ced CPU at 100@118).One certain thing(in my opinion) is that WinME and 98SE o/c better than XP for CPU and GPU.I benched not after a clean installation but with a 20gb partition 80%full.

First of all,regarding the det drivers in XP,i had the highest overall scores with 22.40,although i noticed that with 27.10 the first 3 games' scores were higher than with 22.40 but Nature test was going down a lot(from 46 to 22,card not o/ced).So i mixed 22.40 and 27.10 and the new dets gave me 40 points more than both 22.40 and 27.10.

Although i managed a higher score(9230) than my last best(9078 with ME) i didnt save it because i was pissed with the fact that with XP i couldnt o/c my card(using Riva tuner)more than 260,1/558,4(with ME it could reach 271/580) and i had only 1 hour free to bench.

In Riva tuner(i was an Nvmax user) setting LodBiasRange to 6 and MipMapLod bias adjustment at 5(following the advices given in this thread and correct me if i am doing it wrong) gave a better score comparing it to Nvmax score(set to best performance).After completing the tests,setting LodBias range to 15 andMipMap to 3.1 for Nature,gave me a plus of <30> points.The settings for the first 3 benches(10 for Car,,12 for Dragon and 4 for Lobby..correct me if i am doing something wrong here ) dicreased the first (LodBiasRange:6-MipMap:5) score.

I gained some points(<10>) setting 3DM2K1 in High priority from Task Manager.

Another issue is that in Riva tuner i couldn't use Hardware o/cing but only Low level o/cing(is this normal?)

And this is the longest post from me ever .

Thanx for listening and sorry for this long post.

-------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT:

INSTALL BEFORE VIDEO CARD DRIVERS

Clean Format

Install OS

Install Motherboard Drivers

Install Videocard drivers

Install 8 (or 8.1)

Install 3DMark2001

Install 3rd party tweaking Utility (NVMax, Rage3D Tweaker, etc)

Set your desktop res to 1024x768-32bit at 60Hz, get as many icons off the desktop as possible, display icons with as few colours as possible and remove your wall paper.

If it's Win9x, put this line into your System.ini under the [386enh] section ConservativeSwapfileUsage=1, start up MSCONFIG and stop everything from loading up at startup.

If you're running Win2k/XP, go into your administrative tools folder, inside there should be a services icon. Disable ALL NON ESSENTIAL SERVICES! Win2k/XP has a lot of crap running in the background. If you don't know what a certain service does, DON'T DISABLE IT! I'd feel terrible if a fellow onion screwed up his/her system because of things I said.

Defrag your HDD.

Enable Fast Writes (for me with my GF3 class cards, this gives me 150 points!), SBA and 4x AGP. This may decrease stability though so becareful. Disable your serial/parallel and USB ports.

Obviously you have to your system, try to get a high FSB while maintaining a high CPU speed as well. For instance if it cost you 100 CPU MHz for 2 MHz FSB, don't do it...

And last but not least, your videocard.

Feel free to add tweaks of your own so we all can benefit from the vast pool of knowledge here.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

ארכיון

דיון זה הועבר לארכיון ולא ניתן להוסיף בו תגובות חדשות.

• צור חדש...