Radeon 9500 on BX440, remember folks ? - כרטיסי מסך - HWzone פורומים
עבור לתוכן
  • צור חשבון

Radeon 9500 on BX440, remember folks ?

alienboo

two weeks ago i posted a thread about having R9500/9700 on a bx440 board and the question was if

this thing will work on such board

well, since im a certified lunatic and frankly insane i had to test this theor, i dont know why and for what but i have to share my expiriance with u ppl.

i got 3 boards, Ti4400, R9500pro and R9700 and run to my old BH6 with joy oh joy of seeing this cards operate on it

after spending a month on reading every possible info about AGP 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and alot of other tech, i got confident that this thing should work right out of the box

i stuck the card in the agp slot, check everything is right and turned on the power ........... , the screen stayed black as the night ......., damn, i puld out the card and put the Ti to try again ...... NOTHING, NADA

the old bx just stayed off, i felt so miserable and unhappy !!!, WHY, WHY are life so mean to me

being insane as i am i took a dive to my old memory banks in a search of things that i have long forgotten to solve this unhappyness and there i found some more quirks that i can pull on the old bx

after playing around half a day, flashing bioses and manipulating every possible thing that i could think of, i reached to a point in which i thought that if this thing wont work i'll leave it in peace, there are some things that just not ment to be, i stuck the Ti, checked and double checked and turned the power

OH MY GOD, the screen came to life ..... i cant belive it, it real, im not dreaming .... windows loaded and asked for drivers and drivers he got, then i took a look in few games like U2 and MechWarrior 4 and u know what ?? 800 x 600 x 32 is preaty good for this old rig.

but wait, i wanted the R9700 right ?, i truned off the computer swaped the cards and turned it back on

ITS ALIVE, ALIVE I TELL YOU

windows came up once again and asked for drivers, i installed catalyst 3.1 and DX9 and the latest control panel and run the games again, MY MAN ... 1024 x 768 x 32, 63fps, damn life are sweettttttttttt

my old rig is the fallowing - BH6 BX440, P933, 512Mb Infinio cas 2, WD 80GB 8mb cache, SBLive

OS - Win98, Win2k, WinXP

So, after being on a dark side and back to light, this thing works and works fine ... for all u ppl out there

dont lose hope of your dreams, thay might be near by just waiting for you to pick them up

my next project is 286 and Unreal 2 in 1600 x 1200 x 32, 85fps, any one wona help :asthanos:

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

מה כבר אוכל לומר...

קראתי את זה, וקיבלתי קצת תיקווה, אולי גם אני אוכל להכניס קצת חיים במחשב הגוסס שלי (פנטיום 3 450)

אני קורא קורא וקורא על מעללי ה-BX440 שלך וכשאני רואה שאתה מקבל תוצאות נהדרות עם הכרטיס אני בכלל נהיה מאושר

אך אויה(מילה מוזרה), אני רואה שהמעבד שלך "קצת" יותר חזק משלי אז כנראה שלי אין ממש סיכוי להחיות את המחשב שלי...

אבל כל הכבוד על העבודה...

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

Hello ppl

Since meny of you asked for benchmark i did it and tested the system 4 times

in the 2001 SE version Build 330, about 2003, im still running few tests

my score with R9500 Pro and P3 800 is 5735 in 1024x768x32

Win98, Catalyst 3.1, DX9

the R9700 Pro was not tested yet

what do you think of this ?

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

ארכיון

דיון זה הועבר לארכיון ולא ניתן להוסיף בו תגובות חדשות.

• צור חדש...