מעבדי AMD החדשים 64 BIT - עמוד 2 - מעבדים, לוחות-אם וזכרונות - HWzone פורומים
עבור לתוכן
  • צור חשבון

מעבדי AMD החדשים 64 BIT

The Ball

the Athlon 64 wasn't build for a 64 bit enviroment with 32 bit support, but to a 32 bit enviroment with a 64 bit support. the 64 Bit support isn't the main thing behind the Athlon 64, just like the hyper threading isn't the main thing behind the Pentium 4 3.06Ghz, the public just made alot of hype about those things and somehow they became the main thing, so the companies (Intel with hyper threading, with 64 bit support) made it the main thing in their products to make it sell more. HT and 64 bit support are by no mean important to the average user, to the average user those are just stuff that are good to have around and more.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

• תגובות 44
  • נוצר
  • תגובה אחרונה

the Athlon 64 wasn't build for a 64 bit enviroment with 32 bit support, but to a 32 bit enviroment with a 64 bit support. the 64 Bit support isn't the main thing behind the Athlon 64, just like the hyper threading isn't the main thing behind the Pentium 4 3.06Ghz, the public just made alot of hype about those things and somehow they became the main thing, so the companies (Intel with hyper threading, with 64 bit support) made it the main thing in their products to make it sell more. HT and 64 bit support are by no mean important to the average user, to the average user those are just stuff that are good to have around and more.

LOL.

in other posts you said that prescott is no competition to Hammer on SOLE basis of hammer being a 64bit processor... and now you are saying its not that importent?

I am happey I inlightend you :)

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

אני שוקל לקנות את הברטון מתי שהוא יצא.

הבעיה היא שיכול להיות שמוע יציאתו של המעבד יכולה להיות מאוד קרובה ליציאת ההאמר.

אם יווצא מצב כזה שהברטון יצא חודש\חודשיים לפני ההאמר , האם יהיה שווה לי לחכות להאמר או לקנות את הברטון?

איזה שיפורים ההאמר מביא לעומת הברטון חוץ משימוש ב64 ביט?

קראתי משהו על SOI במעבדים החדשים של , האם זו תהיה גם בברטון וגם בהאמר? מה היא עושה? האם יהיה שיפור משמעותי?

הרבה שאלות , אודה לכם אם תוכלו לענות על כולם.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

I was talking when running 64 bit applications, important or not, a 32 bit CPU can't run a 64 bit applications, unlike hyper threading, which just give a small improvment and is not, by far, necessary for multi-tasking. 64 bit support may not be important for the average user, but the 32 and 64 bit support can't be more important for data bases / servers.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

I was talking when running 64 bit applications, important or not, a 32 bit CPU can't run a 64 bit applications, unlike hyper threading, which just give a small improvment and is not, by far, necessary for multi-tasking. 64 bit support may not be important for the average user, but the 32 and 64 bit support can't be more important for data bases / servers.

As I said there is no real need for 64bit applications on desktops.

and if you want to use a 64bit value on a 32bit processor you still can - just use another register - and do more istructions. in fact in a high level programing level like C you CAN define 64bit integers and work with them - and it translates into 32bit assembly. sure it is slower that way - but its possible.

as for 64bit memory adressing - as I said - it still a few years away from desktop needs.

so were at the same place - there is no real need for 64bit on desktops NOW. and prescott is going to compete with clawhammer on 32bit application. hammer may run its own -64bit application - but those would be availble at -32 versions for Pentiums to run... and with out alot of prefomance diffrence.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

In C you can define even a 80 Bit veriable called long double. about 64 bit code, my 12th grade high school C project uses 64 bit veriables (and alot of them) and will run faster on the hammer (was need for incressed accuracy). 32 bit CPUs can run 64 bit code, but very slowly. lets take adding, adding 2 64 bit variables on a 32 bit CPU will take 3 times the time it will take a 64 bit CPU, I can explain why if you like. soon I'll recompile the project to use 32 bit variables, the problem I need to add a benchmark tool so it's not as simple as you think.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

אתה מבלבל בין מספרים שלמים למספרים עשרוניים (נקודה צפה).

לכל מעבד יש יחידת FPU שיכולה לבצע חישובים על מספרים עשרוניים בעלי דיוק של 80ביט. בעבר יחידה זאת נקראה "CO-Processor" כיוון שהיא נפרדת (לוגית) מהמעבד הראשי - היא לא משתמשת ברגסטרים למשל - אלא במחסנית.

הנה קטע שמסביר זאת מהכתבה של anandtech על מחשוב 64bit:

What about Floating-Point Code?

Increasing the bit width of floating-point data types has two effects: larger range, and more importantly, greater accuracy. The format is similar to scientific notation, though obviously in base-2 instead of base-10, with a mantissa M and exponent E, in the form M * 2^E. The IEEE 754 standard, which everyone has used since 1980, defines the composition of the sign, mantissa, and exponent in 32-bit single-precision and 64-bit double-precision data types. Going from single-precision to double-precision increases the range; single-precision is from roughly 2*10^-38 to 2*10^38, and double-precision offers 2*10^-308 to 2*10^308. More importantly, however, double-precision offers greater accuracy by adding 29 bits to the mantissa.

Floating-point width, however, is generally independent of the bit-ness of a MPU. MPUs have had, since the adoption of the x87 floating-point, single- and double-precision arithmetic, as well as an optional 80-bit mode. Modern fully-pipelined MPUs are capable of low-latency and high-throughput double-precision arithmetic (though the x87 FP stack and two operand format holds back performance, but thats a different story).

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

[Crap has been removed by amiram]

Intel doesn't have anything to compete with the hammer. the Prescott is x86-32 and the Itanium 2 is x86-64 and expansive as hell, the hammer is x86-64/32. the hammer could run 64 bit application as well as 32 bit ones, with hardware suppot, not emulation! Intel has nothing to compete with that and it isn't planning on anything to compete with that. the hammer or as it's now called Athlon 64 will work at a bus of 400Mhz, not 800Mhz like the Prescott.

שתוק, אתה האידיוט כאן. קודם כל, לפי מה שקראתי HAMMER כן יעבוד בבאס 800 אבל לא התחייבתי, וגם אתה לא יכול להתחייב שהוא יהיה 400. ולא נראה לי שהוא יהיה 400 אם ברטון יהיה 400.

דבר שני, לאינטל יש מתחרה מאוד טוב לHAMMER. מה אתה חושב שיפתחו תוכנות ל64 בן רגע? לא. אני לא מאמין שב6 שנים הקרובות תראה בכלל יישום ביתי משתמש בזה. באמת שלא... חוץ מזה, אז יביאו טכנולוגיה יותר חדישה? במידה וכן יפתחו תוכנות תומכות, אז תוציא מעבדים עם יותר מגה הרצים וכמו שראינו השיטה עובדת ואפילו יפה מאוד. יותר באס, יותר מגה הרצים. אני לא רואה מצב שיפתחו בכלל תוכניות למשתמש הביתי שייתמכו ב64 ביט, עד שאינטל תוציא בעצמה מעבד 64 ביט לשוק הביתי. כי סך הכל, היא זאת שמכתיבה.

The quistion is does desktops need 64bit today - and the answer is no.

Is there any preformance advantage going 64bi? Mostly, No.

Prescott will compete with ClawHammer on 32bit playground - I dont see how Prescott is no competion.

נ.ב.

אתה חתיכת משוגע. בסך הכל אמרתי

המעבד המתחרה של יהיה Prosccet, שיהיה כנראה עם באס של 800MHz כמו שצפוי להיות לHAMMER.

לא אמרת שאינטל יהיה יותר טוב, לא אמרתי כלום. אמרתי מה יהיה המעבד המתחרה שלהם, וכבר אתה מתחיל לקלל.

איזו רמה...

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

Intel doesn't have anything to compete with the hammer. the Prescott is x86-32 and the Itanium 2 is x86-64 and expansive as hell, the hammer is x86-64/32. the hammer could run 64 bit application as well as 32 bit ones, with hardware suppot, not emulation! Intel has nothing to compete with that and it isn't planning on anything to compete with that. the hammer or as it's now called Athlon 64 will work at a bus of 400Mhz, not 800Mhz like the Prescott.

שתוק, אתה האידיוט כאן. קודם כל, לפי מה שקראתי HAMMER כן יעבוד בבאס 800 אבל לא התחייבתי, וגם אתה לא יכול להתחייב שהוא יהיה 400. ולא נראה לי שהוא יהיה 400 אם ברטון יהיה 400.

דבר שני, לאינטל יש מתחרה מאוד טוב לHAMMER. מה אתה חושב שיפתחו תוכנות ל64 בן רגע? לא. אני לא מאמין שב6 שנים הקרובות תראה בכלל יישום ביתי משתמש בזה. באמת שלא... חוץ מזה, אז יביאו טכנולוגיה יותר חדישה? במידה וכן יפתחו תוכנות תומכות, אז אינטל תוציא מעבדים עם יותר מגה הרצים וכמו שראינו השיטה עובדת ואפילו יפה מאוד. יותר באס, יותר מגה הרצים. אני לא רואה מצב שיפתחו בכלל תוכניות למשתמש הביתי שייתמכו ב64 ביט, עד שאינטל תוציא בעצמה מעבד 64 ביט לשוק הביתי. כי סך הכל, היא זאת שמכתיבה.

The quistion is does desktops need 64bit today - and the answer is no.

Is there any preformance advantage going 64bi? Mostly, No.

Prescott will compete with ClawHammer on 32bit playground - I dont see how Prescott is no competion.

נ.ב.

אתה חתיכת משוגע. בסך הכל אמרתי

המעבד המתחרה של אינטל יהיה Prosccet, שיהיה כנראה עם באס של 800MHz כמו שצפוי להיות לHAMMER.

לא אמרת שאינטל יהיה יותר טוב, לא אמרתי כלום. אמרתי מה יהיה המעבד המתחרה שלהם, וכבר אתה מתחיל לקלל.

איזו רמה...

1. BDB לא אידיוט, והוא צדק בקשר למה שאמר לך ותיקן יפה מאוד.

אינטל תוציא מעבדים עם יותר מגה הרצים? SO ? זה אומר ש AXP 2200+ יותר גרוע מ Intel 2GHZ ?

ועוד במחירים של אינטל -- אני לא רואה אף אחד שמתכנן לקנות את אינטל במחירים האלה, עד שהמחירים יירדו כבר יוציאו משהו יותר טוב ויותר זול. ואין שום קשר, הAthlon 64 יפעל על 64 ביט מה שיביא אותו לביצועים הרבה יותר מתקדמים מזו של אינטל.

ולא קוראים לזה HAMMER, תלמד, 64

תמשיך לחלום. מגדת עתידות...

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

That sort of talk is not acceptable here!

Intel doesn't have anything to compete with the hammer

As explained this is incorrect since 64bit is almosy useless. Furthermore the ClawHammer isn't that great at 64 bit because it doesn't have the memory bandwidth to do it - unlike it's big brother SledgeHammer - with twice the memory bandwidth as expected from a real 64bit CPU.

and the Itanium 2 is -64 and expansive as hell

No! Itanume is an entirely new family of CPUs using EPIC (Explicitly Parallel Instruction Computing) and is not compatible with in any way.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

Ibrow-Now's stupidity is not acceptable!

Intel doesn't have anything to compete with the hammer

As explained this is incorrect since 64bit is almosy useless. Furthermore the ClawHammer isn't that great at 64 bit because it doesn't have the memory bandwidth to do it - unlike it's big brother SledgeHammer - with twice the memory bandwidth as expected from a real 64bit CPU.

as I said before useless or not, doesn't have any CPU, which support 32 bit and 64 bit code.

and the Itanium 2 is -64 and expansive as hell

No! Itanume is an entirely new family of CPUs using EPIC (Explicitly Parallel Instruction Computing) and is not compatible with in any way.

that's a misstake, that wasn't what I meant, the original sentence didn't said anything about the Itanium 2 and when I added it, I forgot to check it.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

Ibrow-Now's stupidity is not acceptable!

Still, he didn't say anything bad about you. There is no reason for you to wish that he dies just because you don't agree with him or don't think he's as smart as you (your opinion). I strongly suggest you don't use such language again or you will be delt with.

BTW

I edited your original message since it isn't acceptable.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

אינטל תוציא מעבדים עם יותר מגה הרצים? SO ? זה אומר ש AXP 2200+ יותר גרוע מ Intel 2GHZ ?

ועוד במחירים של אינטל -- אני לא רואה אף אחד שמתכנן לקנות את אינטל במחירים האלה, עד שהמחירים יירדו כבר יוציאו משהו יותר טוב ויותר זול. ואין שום קשר, הAthlon 64 יפעל על 64 ביט מה שיביא אותו לביצועים הרבה יותר מתקדמים מזו של אינטל.

לא. לא הבנת אותי... נכון שפנטיום 4 2.2 משתווה לATHLON XP 2200? אז בוא נגיד שאם היום אינטל צריכה למשל 100 מגה הרצים כדי להגיע לכח חישוב של 60 מגה הרץ של (זה לא נכון, זאת רק דוגמא), אז אם יצא האמר שיהיה כל כך מהיר וטוב, היא יכולה להשקיע 120 או 140 מגה הרצים כדי להגיע ל60 מגה הרצים של . זה לא משנה, כי הביצועים בסך הכל, תמיד, יהיה צמודים זהים.

ואמרת "הAthlon 64 יפעל על 64 ביט מה שיביא אותו לביצועים הרבה יותר מתקדמים מזו של אינטל".

אתה לא קולט שגם תוכנה צריכה לתמוך בזה? ואף תוכנה בייתית לא תעשה את זה לפחות עד שאינטל תוציא מעבד כזה לשוק הביתי. נראה לך שענקי משחקים ותוכנה ימירו או ייצרו משחקים ל64 ביט כשרק לAMD יש את זה? לא. הם פלח שוק מאוד קטן, אולי 10-50 אחוזים. אפילו שתי גירסאות אחת של 32 ואחת של 64 הם לא יוציאו. לא שווה להשקיע בפלח כזה מאמצים.

ככה סתם, המעבד יוכל אפילו להיות איטי יותר מהמעבד של . הכל תלוי במגה הרצים, בסופו של דבר.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

המקום היחידי שבו דרוש דיוק גבוהה יותר בשימוש ביתי הוא בחישובי צבע ואת זה עושה כרטיס המסך בכל מקרה.

שם עברו בדור האחרון ל 128 ביט כידוע!

בכל מצב אחר ניתן להשתמש באמולציה דרך מספר משתני 32 ביט, זה נכון שזה איטי יותר לבצע עליהם פעולות אבל הפעולות האילו כל כך נדירות בינתיים שהן אפילו לא מהוות 0.1% מתצרוכת החישוב של תוכנות קיימות.

64 ביט זה לא שיקול בשוק הביתי וזה ימשיך להיות ככה עוד כמה שנים טובות.

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

ארכיון

דיון זה הועבר לארכיון ולא ניתן להוסיף בו תגובות חדשות.

• צור חדש...