מתלבט בין שני סוגי דיסקים קשיחים. - עמוד 2 - אמצעי אחסון - HWzone פורומים
עבור לתוכן
  • צור חשבון

מתלבט בין שני סוגי דיסקים קשיחים.

yot

ללא ספק ה 80 גירסה מיוחדת הוא מוצלח בצורה יוצאת מהכלל

לפי הדוגמאות שצרפת נראה שאין הבדל ניכר בין 5400 ל-7200

בכלל לדיסקים קשיחים יש כל כך הרבה צווארי בקבוק עד שקשה לדעת מה בדיוק משפיע על המהירות שלהם.

לדוגמא דיסקים ריקים עובדים הרבה יותר מהר (ובצורה משמעותית) מדיסקים מלאים

מערכת ניהול הקבצים, גודל הסקטורים, מערכת ההפעלה, מיקום על הכבל, שותפים על הכבל

ועוד ועוד ULTRA DMA-PIO עם הרבה שלבים, הבקר, מהירות הבקר, לוח האם, CPU

כמות הזיכרון במחשב (נתון מאוד חשוב).

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

sonic, it seems the two proofs you brought cunterdrict each other, but in fact they don't. the PDF from IBM you brought is very recent, can't be more than 1 year old, since HDs with 50Mb/s read speed are pretty new. the second is very old it's from 1999 and back then the 7200 RPM HD technology was kinda new, about 2 years old, well not really new. so it's pretty obvious we should disregard the second one.

so 7200RPM HDs ARE faster than 5400RPM HDs. I was right, I was ,however, wrong about the numbers, it's not 40Mb/s and 30Mb/s, but 50Mb/s and 40Mb/s, anyways the point the same.

now to Mrraz's claim, that a so called "weak" CPU (P3 667Mhz) couldn't benefit from a faster HD, which are bullshit by the way, I decided to disprove it, instead of just calling him stupid, as I usually do to people who annoy me with foundless bullshit.

first I though to video capture me openning a large file while MotherBoard Monitor 5 is on to show CPU usage, but then it striked me that DivX 5.0.2 encoding will send CPU usage through the roof. so I decided to record without using any codec (uncompressed), which is nothing but an I/O operation. since I'm using a resolution of 1024x768x32, I chose to record at 10FPS, which translates to exactly 22.5mb/s, well beyond my HD write speed. in the end the video came out 24 seconds long and 120Mb in size. a small calculation will show you that my harddisk write speed is about 5mb/s (it's an old one), ofcorse this is not a benchmark, since the sectors positions are unknown.

120Mb/24seconds=5Mb/seconds

then I compressed the 120Mb video using ACE and uploaded it. as you'll see the CPU usage was around 5%, except for the jump to 27% in the beginning, due to the recording program.

Download the video (827Kb)

קישור לתוכן
שתף באתרים אחרים

ארכיון

דיון זה הועבר לארכיון ולא ניתן להוסיף בו תגובות חדשות.

• צור חדש...